Sunday, August 30, 2009

difficult

Today was hard. Fear of the unknown ahead last night led to 4 hours of sleep. The actual unknown ahead led to a 16.2 mile walk before finding a hotel. In between was trees, river,sun,breezes, bugs, and by chance running into Maddy,the super nice shuttle driver who took us from Philly to Reading--who lives next to the town I grew up in, goes to the same church as my grandparents had and reminded me of how generous and genuine people can be around here.

Emotion seems to pop out in the weirdest instances fueled by lack of sleep and this strange trip. I have a realization that the past doesn't really seem so important anymore.

Exhausted, twitching, aching and sore. 16.2 miles closer. I'm amazed at my ability to move so far by moving my feet.

The hardest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment